Dane
- That she give me surprises
- That she picks good movies
- That she plays with me
- That she goes on the boat with us
- When she gets Wally-cat for me
- That I play with Finn with her
- That I take a picture with he
- When she sends constant packages for us
- When we go visit her for Christmas
- When she shoots stuff with me
- That she gives me cereal
- When they take me to the park all day except for when they get tired and have to take a nap at their hotel place
Liam
- That I just love play with my toy with her
- That she plays
- That she plays with my dragon
- I just love everything
- I love pajamas
- I love her face
- When she gives me coke
- When she gives me ice cream
- That she lets me have her coke and then says “shhhh” don’t tell your Daddy
- When they give me bites
Rory
- I love that when I was applying to colleges, she called her alma mater, BYU, so they would contact me. Then she pretended she had done no such thing and that BYU really did want me as a student.
- I love that she still sends me newspaper articles in the mail
- I love that she facilitates me voting in elections as a Floridian (where my vote actually counts)
- I love that I can call her late and she will pretend to be awake to talk to me even if she has been asleep for an hour
- I love that she still makes breakfast, lunch, and dinner when we visit
- I love that she supports my diet coke habit
- I love that she doesn’t give me a hard time for being an almost 30-year-old father of three who still doesn’t have a job
- I love that she cares for my children as much as I do
- I love that she takes good care of my elderly father (and puts up with his senile requests)
- I love that she lives in an “Obama Bahama” hot pink house
- I love that when you do something nice for her, she acts completely surprised
- I love that she raised me to be a good dad
- I love that since she is in healthcare, I can always call her for medical advice
- I love that she always strives to get us useful Christmas gifts (i.e. money, dishwasher, and freezer)
- I love that she gets along so well with my friends
- I love that she always writes to me and comments on how creative, smart, energetic, and fun and what a great mom my wife is.
- I love that she finally broke down and got high speed internet so she can read this post
- I love that she is willing to listen and give good advice on how to be a better dad, husband, and friend
- I love to see her reaction when one of the boys does something amazing
- I love that she is still willing to check my school papers for grammatical errors
Anne
- I love that she was the one who made my mom get the lump in her leg looked at. It was cancerous and if it wasn’t for her who knows what would have happened. (It turned out to be benign)
- I love her impeccable phone etiquette, the conversation is always interesting, fast moving and she never stays on the phone too long. If I only had 30 seconds to talk to anyone in the world she is the one person I would choose. I don’t think I know any daughter-in-law that can say their mother doesn’t ever keep them on the phone too long.
- I realllly love her cooking.
- She makes all of Rory’s childhood favorites and isn’t afraid to be adventurous with new recipes
- Her Poppy seed dressing
- Her breakfast spread will bring tears to your eyes
- I love that she always lets me take naps and sleep in when we visit
- I love the relationship she has with her mother
- I love the guest room that she decorated just for us in our favorite colors
- I love that I have never ever felt judged or criticized by her; I also never get unsolicited advice
- I love that she is kind to everyone around her
- I love that she makes every holiday and birthday so special. I don’t think one event has gone by with out a fabulous care package involved.
- I love to see the way she truly loves my children
- I love her calm, even testimony that is rooted in her pioneer heritage and personal experiences.
- I love that she indulges me in all of my very girly things, shopping, makeup, spas and so on.
- I love how much she has taken care of our family; she has made being a young poor family so much easier with all of her assistances.
- Especially now that I have three boys I really love that she took in so many boys from the neighborhood, scout troop, ward, sports teams and school. She has loved and played a key mothering role in so many boys’ lives – feeding entertaining, listening to, and protecting them.
- More than anything I love the man she raised: a wonderful father and husband to me and our three boys.
3 comments:
Hey. Cute post. I saw that you have a link to Nie's recovery. How do you know her? I went to High school with her. What a small world. How are you guys doing?
Friend of a friend kind of thing. Actually we have several friends in common, you are now the fourth. I started reading her blog and just fell in love with her. I hope she is doing well. Have you heard anything lately? We are doing great, just settling into fall activates. Preschool, gymnastics and so on. How are you guys? Are you all moved in? What's your new place like?
We miss you.
What a wonderful tribute to a truly wonderful woman. I love you in-laws Anne and really enjoyed the tribute that you all did for Jan.
Anne's Mom
Post a Comment