Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!!


Rory,
You make my heart sing when I see you with our three darling boys. The excitement in their eyes every time you come home is incredible! They wait all day to spend that time with you and it always seems to be their favorite time of the day. I just can't believe that Dane was the second baby you ever held. You are such a natural father. The support, kindness, guidance, example and fun that you offer our boys is more than I could have ever hoped for. The careful thought that you put into everything you do with them just amazes me. People often think it must be so hard on you when I go out of town but I always explain how you live for those weekends. You should probably be the stay at home parent. Luckily with your job, we can't keep co-parenting. You continue to amaze me every day.  You are such a wonderful father and the ultimate hero to your sons. I love you forever!
Jp,
It is no surprise seeing what a wonderful father Rory is when you know he comes from you. Your love of children and ability to entertain and teach them is remarkable. I'm so glad you have used these talents to teach in the school system and mentor so many of Rory's friends.  The thoughtful postcards you send when on a trip are cherished. They help them know how much you love them and what a fun grandpa they have. The songs you wrote for them and performed on the accordion make me and the boys smile to no end. The books you wrote about all their favorite things in Florida are a nighttime classic. The creative effort to spend time with them from a long distance away amazes me. Whenever you are in town all the kids on the courtyard want to play with you over anyone else. Thank you for raising such a remarkable son and being such a kind and loving grandfather.
PGI (Dad),
Thank you for being such a wonderful father to me from the moment I was born and forever. You have always given me such sound advice and always supported my dreams. I feel like I could call you at any moment and say something like "Dad I want to go on an exhibition to Iceland and try to kill a penguin" and you would be all over it. You just have a way of making things happen, no matter what. Growing up I always felt so safe around you because I knew you would always protect me.  It probably has something to do with your mad karate skills. So many of my self motivating mantras come from you. "Busy people get things done" "get your act together" and the ever famous "Gillrie's would never...." . You taught me to always put my best effort in no matter how small the task might seem. I'm  also so grateful for the testimony that you have so freely shared throughout your life. I remember the time we were at the NADA conventions and you just worked your testimony of the gospel into a casual conversation. I could tell that you weren't  just doing it for my benefit but that it was your normal way of sharing the gospel. Thank you for being such a great Dad to me and such a great grandfather to by children.  I love you sooo much

Love,
Anne, Dane, Liam and Finn

No comments: