Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bedroom Makeover









While Rory was away taking his four day qualifying exam I decided to take on a project. When ever Rory is out of town I find myself wondering around the house at 3:00 am doing things like alphabetizing the spice rack. I’ll do anything to avoid going to bed because I know that as soon as my



























head hits that pillow the crazy starts. The crazy refers to thinking every little noise is
someone trying to break into the house and kill us. I don’t know why I seem to sleep so easily when Rory is home? It’s not as if Rory would jump out of the closet wielding some AK 47, dressed in camouflage with matching face paint should an intruder appear. But there is just something so comforting knowing your hubby is there with you. So to kill time during those late nights I redecorated our bedroom. The inspiration is what I call “romantic ornate anthro”. I really should have taken a before photo but I forgot. Maybe I’ll find something funny on Google for the before picture. I hope you like it.




16 comments:

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

So impressed Ann! We have the same duvet! I love it. You have mad skills!

Catherine said...

Mom told me you had redone your bedroom and made a headboard. It looks amazing!

Cassie said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS A ROOM IN EV!!! Stunning, Anne. Totally stunning.

Nellie said...

Whoa! I was looking at these pictures and saying to myself "is she still in EV?" Your room looks amazing, and I am going to do the headboard thing -- AFTER the move, though! You have the cutest little guys ever. I love that I can "stalk" you via your blog! :)

Ashley said...

The room is amazing...hard to believe it's the same one. I wish I was there to see it myself

MandaMommy said...

I know what you mean about the crazy.... Blechhhh!

The headboard is amazing!

angie said...

anne! it looks amazing - the headboard - wow!

Laura said...

WOW!!! Amazing. It looks SO good. Way to go and being SUPER creative... it looks FABULOUS!

Paul Gillrie said...

I LOVE your new bedroom look! Your entire place now looks amazing. The best part of the bedroom is the collection of mirrors above the bed and the two baby faces between the ones of your boys! What a cool idea, as always. Love all y'all, Mom

Super B said...

Looks great! I love the pics of your boys and rory and you as babies! Love the collage wall about the headboard too. Where did you get all those mirrors?
Love it!

Aubrey said...

Will you come to New York and remodel my bedroom?

Chris said...

I LOVE it!!! Please tell me that there's going to be a tutorial on how to do the headboard. Please!

Melissa said...

I LOVE it!!! Please tell me that there's going to be a tutorial on how to do the headboard. Please!

*I guess I was signed in to Chris's account and not mine... oops!

Isabelle said...

Absolutely love it! This is giving me great ideas for when I get to DC...

Emily Gillrie said...

HOLLY CRAP!!! I love that room. It is so amazing. I am thinking that maybe i should just come move in with you and sleep on that head bored.

Carrie Hellewell said...

I've always dreamed of having a wall covered in antique mirrors! Seriously, I love it and I will copy it.