Saturday, August 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!


She would always be described as Skinny
but when it came to her intellect she was anything but mini

At 19 her memory was completely lost
thoughts of her childhood had gotten criss-crossed

She then met the man who would always love her
together they build a life,  that anyone would prefer

With her you'll be what you were meant to become
from people to plants she has a green thumb

While homeschooling 6 children, she must have had resilience
but really it was her charm, her work, and her brilliance

She has always said that she had great taste
but the test of time has proved her case

Though your kids weren't the first to endorse
your love has proven us wrong for your horse

Grandmother of ten and one third
Comparing your mom skills would be absurd

Her kitchen renovations are going just fine
when she's all done it will be divine

You have a great figure this much is true
Your health is something you'll always pursue

Through thick and thin you'll always come out on top
trying to help and fix and listen you'll never stop
this year has been hard but you're solid as a rock

You play, you read, you love and you lead.
 another year for you to succeed.
Happy, happy birthday our favorite mother indeed.

4 comments:

Super B said...

How sweet. We love you Jan! Happy Birthday. We love you too Anne. Your mom has done great with all of you kids!!

Lu and Bran Muffin said...

Happy bday to Janis, she's like my 2nd mom! love the poem!

Shannon said...

I would love to meet this woman...and i can see where you and mary get your stunningly beautiful good looks!

Mom said...

I was in an outlet shoe store when you three girls called and read me your superlative poetry. I cried. I laughed. And I remembered how much I love you all!