Some times days just turn out wonderful. Like this morning, when I walked into the bathroom to discover it covered in smears of some brown substance. To my great delight and joy I realized it was Nutella. See things do turn out good .... kinda.
As January comes to a close, I've have been thinking about one of my new years resolutions this year. It is…. “To spend 10 minutes of uninterrupted totally focused (not “look see how fun it is to do the laundry together while mom is on the phone and boiling a pot of noodles” time together) But real, no distractions, full eye contact time together with every member of my family, once a day. Now this may sound like an easy resolution to keep. I mean I spend almost all day with my three children and Rory is home for at least 6 wakeful hours of the day. But no it is not easy, not at all. There are constant distractions and interruptions and so many other "important" things to do. I have really been shocked by this experience. How am I letting the days demands get in the way of spending time with those who really matter to me? I’m determined to make this work I recommend trying this yourself. Because when I do get that time with my family members, it truly is the most memorable and magical part of my day. At the dinner table we always do a "high, low" part of your day, and invariable the children and even my husband name the part we got to spend together as the high of the day. I hope I can do even better in February.
4 comments:
that is a really worthy goal. it's hard to get "quality" time even if there is lots of quantity time. i'll try too. although mine is a little easier with a smaller clan.
I'll try too. And it will be way easier for me now that I live with only one person and I am still very much in love with him. You are such a fabulous mom.
I love this idea
Seriously such a good idea! I think I might steal this new year's resolution.
Post a Comment