Rory has his qualifying exams next week. For those of you who don’t know what that means I will explain; It is a grueling exam lasting over four days. Your grade determines if you can stay in the PhD program or not. Apparently 20% or so fail and get kicked out of the program. It’s all essay question format. I’ve been told it’s one of those things where there are no right answers but there are lots of wrong answers. So needless to say Rory has been studying like a crazy man for a while now. Do to his intense study regime he is gone all day and even most of the night. Now this is new to me, especially since I have had our third baby. Sadly I have noticed a few thing since Rory has been gone. Mainly I’m realizing how much he does around the house and with the kids. So to Rory I want to thank you for all that you do. Thank you Rory for…
Doing all the laundry for the last four months
Doing the dishes
Getting up with the boys in the morning and letting me sleep in
Bath time
Cleaning the house
Taking the boys to the park everyday at 5:00
Telling me my post baby figure is beautiful
Sunday sandwiches when we get home from church & we are both exhausted & starving
Listening to me go on crazy emotional rants
Staying late almost every morning to help me get the boys ready and out the door
Taking Dane to preschool every time
Making time for me to work out
Appreciating my rare efforts to cook for you
Comforting me when I had trouble feeding Finn
Being so kind when the house was trashed, the boys were still in pj’s and I had obviously sat on the couch all day and saying “soooo how’d the day go honey?”
Making me laugh harder than anyone can
You take my breath away with your kindness, your efforts, your mad fathering skills, your genius brain, your selflessness and you’re pretty darn hot too.
I love you Rory
2 comments:
I remember that all too well. We wish the both of you the best of luck and pray that it will be over quickly and all will be well!!!
Good luck Anne! keeping you guys in our prayers! Let me know if I can do anything to help.
Post a Comment