Sunday, May 18, 2008


I am in baby heaven! Four months is my absolute favorite stage. It’s the perfect combination of a baby and an infant. They are chubby but still floppy, they can smile laugh and have tons of eye contact. Without any demands beyond food and sleep. They can’t really grab for things very well yet, so they just have these chubby little arms flailing with perfect randomness. They start to really get on a schedule. They recognize your face and get excited to see you. With Dane speaking perfectly but not really getting concepts that well, Liam pronouncing everything wrong and Finn’s four month perfection I have never been happier. I’m having that desperate need to freeze time that mothers often feel. A good friend (Amber Goodson) once told me “With kids the days go by so slow and the years just fly by”. That couldn’t be more true. So here is the chubby little smile machine that I tickle and laugh with all day.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

how to cute of a picture! love it! i agree four months old is a great age :)

The Quinones Family said...

What a great photo, are you all sailing? Just wondering where in the bay area (or elsewhere) that is, looks like fun. What a beautiful family you have! -Cindy Quinones

angie said...

i love what amber said, it is so true!

MandaMommy said...

I must be missing something because I don't see a video... But I love that picture!

g* said...

this photo is priceless!!! your boys are beautiful. miss you too!!! i love all the stages of babies, i always think the stage they're in right now is my favorite.