Friday, February 26, 2010

Valentines Aphrodisiac Feast

A Valentine’s Night for Lovers
A journey of aphrodisiac delights throughout history and cultures



Passion Potion
Tart passion fruit juice combined with sparkling Italian mineral water, rimmed with black sugar dust and garnished with a hibiscus passion flower.

Black Mission Figs of Love
Black mission figs stuffed with clotted creamed cheese and embellished with crisp apple wood smoked bacon.
Eat as the Romans did, feeding the figs to your lover.


Aphrodisiac Trifecta
Fresh organic strawberries, Blue Point Oysters served in their raw and perfected state, coupled with a bubbly NA Chardonnay to dance on the tongue

Skordalia Garlic Explosion
A garlic pâté spread made of roasted whole garlic heads, Yukon gold potatoes, raw garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Spread on a french baguette and served with a variety of farm fresh grapes and dried Bartlett pears. Paired with a black current sparkler splash

Buttery Asparagus Soup
Roasted asparagus pureed with mirepoix and smoking loon viognier garnished with red kaleakala sea salt, crème fraiche and soy sauce. Paired with fresh roasted whole asparagus drizzled in a buttery balsamic wine sauce.

Spicy Sexy Salad
Shaved radishes with arugula, roasted parsnips, pine nuts, pistachios and sweet basil. Served with spiced goat cheese rounds and dressed in garlic basil dressing. Every single ingredient in this salad is a known aphrodisiac.




The King and Queen of Oyster Recipes
Rockin Oysters Rockefeller boiled in a spiced beer brew before being cracked open and topped with Spinach, garlic, Fontina and jack cheese, Roasted Oysters Wrapped in Pancetta and backed then drizzled with a Balsamic Vinegar Sauce Paired with a wine country NA Pinot Grigio Spritzer

Chocolate Razzle Dazzle Dessert Pasta
Hand made Italian chocolate pasta simmered until tender & topped with heavy cream, fresh raspberries, crème fraiche & shaved Belgian Chocolate. Paired with a sparkling Chocolate cherry NA cocktail


An affair concerning a pink garden rose and a vanilla bean orchid
A Canterbury Chocolate Crepe filled with vanilla bean sauce that has been enhanced with the entire content of four fresh vanilla beans, layered with a Matin des Pyrenees rose petal jelly and extenuated with hand candied Souvenir de la Malmaison rose petals Paired with a sparkling Rose Soda

The Original aphrodisiac

9 comments:

Mom said...

Gasp. Repeatedly.

Carrie Hellewell said...

My mouth is watering.. I love all the food language. Looks delicious. And thank you for the birthday thought. It made my day friend.

The Quinones Family said...

Did you make all of this Anne? WOW! Sounds and looks delicious!

Aubrey said...

This post makes me feel guilty on so many levels.

Emily Gillrie said...

The french seriously have absolutely nothing on you. Trust me the other night I ate soup with a lower class level of SPAM and rice with soap drizzled on it. I wish I was kidding or even exaggerating.

Sarah said...

How did you make all of this? I hope you had some help! I need that Farmer's Market salad recipe...yum!

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

amyrill said...

I am in awe.

Unknown said...

once i got past your sheer brilliance in the kitchen, i started wondering what your kids were doing while you made all this, b/c I can't make pancakes without someone peeing on the floor or screaming bloody murder. Then I remembered the post before this and they were probably having the time of their lives, making a huge mess somewhere else and i'm sure it didn't bother you one bit. Totally worth the aphrodesiac heaven.