Wednesday, November 4, 2009

End of Summer Volcano

Towards the end of summer when the days start to drag the boys and I can up with a plan. We were going to build a volcano. It was the perfect end of summer activity. The project was spread out for maximum fun and maximum easiness for me. First a day spent building the structure, then paper mache, painting, adorning with life like volcano paraphernalia (thanks Ana for your help), of course we had to bake a chocolate volcano cake with red raspberry lava, and then there was arranging the tropical “lava” flowers and so forth. With this one project I was able to fill two weeks with non stop activities and fun. Then it was time for the McDonald volcano party or as the Deans dubbed it “Mount McDonavus!” It was so much fun to see all the kids faces as we set it off. I bought several boxes of baking soda and a gallon or two of vinegar so multiple children could set it off too. It was such a great time; we just might do it next year.







2 comments:

Mom said...

Hey, the volcano was great, the kids faces so fun but that cake!!!!!!! with all the raspberries!!!!!!!

Cassie said...

We are bummed we missed the party! You are such a clever Momma--I want a slice of that cake for dinner tonight.