Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Harry Potter

Rory and I have never read the Harry Potter books. Instead we like to go to the movie premieres and act like we are supper fans. There is just something so exciting about seeing a midnight showing with people that have counted down the days to be there. It first started when we went to the "first" star wars movie. Everyone was so excited and dressed up. There were news crews there and a feeling of electricity in the air. After that experience we have had fun dressing up and going to similar events. We try not to talk to people because we usually have no idea about whatever we are seeing that night. I hope to one day take it up a notch and attend Star Trek conventions in full klingons attire with a few authentic lines of language rehearsed. During the summer we attending the opening of the Harry Potter movie. We succeeded in not only convincing our normal Friends Katianne and Lex to come but to have a costume competition with us. The winner with the best costume was supposed to bring the other couple dinner the following Sunday. So now I ask where is my dinner?



7 comments:

julieb said...

can we please live near eachother so we can plan duel costumes? with our powers combined no one would be able to top us!

Jamie said...

Anne...that's freaking hilarious! I haven't ever read the books either and I always wonder what the hype is about with all those movies and stuff...sounds like a bunch of fun!

Ashley said...

Yeah, you win

Corine said...

This is so so funny. I LOVE you and Rory. You are great

brenley said...

i'm so glad you posted these! you are AMAZING!! if only i had your skills! great fun would be had at the hansens - instead i'll live vicariously through you. :) keep on posting.

Cassie said...

You guys win! You should read the books, they are good.

Ashlee said...

Fantastic get-up! Very impressed on how it all came together!