A week or so ago I got together with a couple of my favorite twilight heads to see the movie. We knew two things; we had to go to the very first showing and we had to go in costume. I knew everyone would be dressed as vampires, so a few of us thought of something a little more creative. Blood types. Twilight events are a little hilarious, due to the fact that 90 percent of the attendees are 15 years old. My little group of obsessed moms adds a bit of a contrast. In many ways I think it makes it more fun. As for the movie, it was pretty good. It’s hard not to enjoy something with a theater full of excited fans. Most of the characters were pretty spot on, with the exception being Rosalie. She’s describes as the most beautiful girl in the world and the actress fell short to say the least. I mean how hard is it to find a hot blond in Hollywood with a little acting talent? The awkwardness between Bella and her father was perfect and Edward was pretty hot too. I was surprised how funny so many of the lines were. I think when you read them is sounds so romantic but when say them out loud it just sounds silly. The budget for this movie was really low…I mean really low…like WB special low. So with what they had, I think they did a pretty good job. Thanks to all you fun ladies that made the night an event to remember.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Twilght Movie
A week or so ago I got together with a couple of my favorite twilight heads to see the movie. We knew two things; we had to go to the very first showing and we had to go in costume. I knew everyone would be dressed as vampires, so a few of us thought of something a little more creative. Blood types. Twilight events are a little hilarious, due to the fact that 90 percent of the attendees are 15 years old. My little group of obsessed moms adds a bit of a contrast. In many ways I think it makes it more fun. As for the movie, it was pretty good. It’s hard not to enjoy something with a theater full of excited fans. Most of the characters were pretty spot on, with the exception being Rosalie. She’s describes as the most beautiful girl in the world and the actress fell short to say the least. I mean how hard is it to find a hot blond in Hollywood with a little acting talent? The awkwardness between Bella and her father was perfect and Edward was pretty hot too. I was surprised how funny so many of the lines were. I think when you read them is sounds so romantic but when say them out loud it just sounds silly. The budget for this movie was really low…I mean really low…like WB special low. So with what they had, I think they did a pretty good job. Thanks to all you fun ladies that made the night an event to remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
I LOVE it!! Ice ice baby Ü
that was such a great time! so glad i went!
congrats on the dream camera too..so great.
completely agree about Rosalie (I said the same thing on my blog!), silly acting, and low budget. But totally fun to be in that theater!
My favorite twilight commentary comes from go fug yourself.
Click here for the latest hilarity.
However Eric Snider at Snide Remarks is DEAD on in his screenplay for Twilight.
That look like such fun! I didn't realize your sister was so close by. I have to agree about Rose too. But I love Emmett. I thought Alice was suppose to be smaller. Like my kind of small.
I just want to know if you all went as your own blood type?
What the heck did you use for the vampire marks? That looks eerily fantastic!
I really enjoyed the movie, mostly because I was with some of the most wonderful ladies on the planet. I'm really glad I saw it with the girls first. I don't think I would've appreciated it much with Chris by my side.
I don't think any of the vampire actors were beautiful enough. Honestly, they should've bagged the pasty makeup and just gotten a bunch of Swedish models and it would've been better. It's not like the acting could get much worse.
I also hated the cheap effects. Honestly. Poor screenplay, the dialogue was very robotic.
Bottom line: I'm going to probably buy the movie when it comes out. And it will have a special place in my DVD library next to Troll II and Mom and Dad Save the World.
Oh my gosh, you guys are too funny. That is absoluteluy hilarious!!
Oh my gosh, you guys are too funny. That is absoluteluy hilarious!!
Oh my gosh, you guys are hilarious!! I might have to coerce some of my friends into dressing up when the next movie comes out. Hahaha.
dude! i'm so jealous of you getting to go then. nate wouldn't let me--something about having to be a mom the next day or something. oh well.
hey--can you send us your address? it seems that we don't have it....
Love the party! How fun. I think the budget really was the problem. And actually, the music was terrible. But I liked the actors (except Jacob), but the makeup and effects didn't help. After the preview of Harry Potter, it just couldn't measure up! I think the sequels might improve, but with the director, I don't know that it will ever look better than a made for TV movie. She made some poor choices, but I laughed a lot and remembered why I enjoyed the book so much.
So creative! I love the pictures!
Anne, you are too funny! Would you please move to Washington so I can hang out with you? Someone needs to get this mommy out of the house!! Glad you found us! :)
adidas nmd r1
michael kors handbags sale
lacoste outlet
longchamp
yeezy boost
kobe sneakers
fitflops clearance
Post a Comment