Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dane's stream of consciousness



Dane is of that fantastic, curious age that includes ten thousand questions a minute. The questions seem to be at their peak in quantity while we are in the car. This is probably due to the fact that he finally has my full attention. I'm always amazed at the rapid succession of which he comes up with these bizarre questions and statements. So the other day I decided to pull the car over several times and write it all down.

This conversation took place from the time period of 11:06 am through 11:07 am yesterday


Dane - "Uncle Kaka’s (Kyle) car is blue right?"
Mom - "yes"

Dane - "His other car got wrecked in a crash right?"
Mom - "Not a crash, an accident he hit an animal"

Dane - "A giraffe?"
Mom - "no a deer"

Dane - "One of Santa's deer’s?"
Mom - "no"


Dane – “Well then tomorrow let’s go see the giraffe at the zoo”

Mom – “We’ll see”


Dane – “How do deer’s fly?””

Mom – “Magic”


Dane – “Why does the car make sounds when you drive?”

Mom – “That’s the sound of its parts working”


Dane – “What does s.t.o.p spell again?”

Mom – “Stop”


Dane – “Monkey’s get their teeth cleaned at the dentist right?”

Mom – “Yes”


Dane – “Are monkeys nice to beavers?”

Mom – “Ummmm I think so”


Dane – “Only animals eat trees right?”

Mom – “Well actually we eat trees too; lots of fruits come from trees.”


Dane – “Just like fruit snacks grow on trees?”

Mom – “Not really”


Dane – “We never eat cars right?”

Mom – “Right”


Dane – “What’s that stuff inside the metal parts of cars?”

Mom – “I don’t know”


Dane – “how do I do a web site?”

Mom – ………………………………….


7 comments:

Melissa said...

Dane is a crack up. Precocious, isn't he?

Celeste Christensen said...

How FUNNY! Dane and Rachael should get together sometime. They would wear each other out with the Q and A!!

Emily Gillrie said...

I learned a lot from the convo. HAHA!!!

Jamie said...

That's so funny! Every kid has their quirks!

fünf said...

I am rolling! Actually, that is a lie. I would be rolling if I had the energy to do it, but I think he is such a clever, funny guy. My favorite is where he asks if Monkeys are nice to beavers-- what?????

The A Team said...

i LOVE HIM!!
Thank you for the laughs!

adidas nmd said...

air jordan
yeezy sneakers
pandora charms
fitflops
adidas tubular